Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Baby Shower

More biking and knitting and maybe even a little bit about my fiction obsession to come. Today, a baby shower.

A week and a half ago we had a baby shower for Baby K. Sorry it took me so long to post about it. It took a while to sort through all the pictures. First a picture of Baby K himself:


Hope Mom and Dad don't mind me posting that. As you can see, there's very little doubt about this baby's gender!

Here's my favorite picture of Mom and Dad:


And my favorite picture of Big Sis:

Isn't that just the cutest smile you've ever seen?

(Ok, some folks might think it's strange that we're having a baby shower when this is Mom's second baby. Allow me to explain. Big Sis is Dad's step daughter and Dad's family and friends didn't want to miss out on all the baby shower fun so we insisted on throwing a shower. There, not so strange, after all.)

There were lots of guests. I've got pictures of only a few.

Here's my mom sitting with Grandma K and the baby's Dad.


Here's one of the baby's Grandmas sitting with her sisters:


Here's a few old friends and neighbors:


And more friends. That's baby's other Grandma on the right:


And the food was absolutely amazing. I wish I had taken pictures of the food, but I was too busy eating it. There was a lovely appetizer plate with steamed asparagus and little melon balls and fancy crackers and this super delish savory cheese cake bite with roasted red pepper. Then there was the main dish with super yummy salad greens and berries and an amazing vinaigrette dressing, a wonderful little crab cake, and a sandwich wrap. For dessert we had cream puffs and fruit flan. My mouth is watering just remembering all that wonderful food!

Then we all had great fun watching Mom and Dad and Big Sis open presents:


They got all kinds of goodies for the little one: a whole bunch of books and lots of cute little outfits, adorable toys, a high chair and a car seat and a play mat, and all sorts of brown and blue bedding and decoration for the baby's room.

Mom and Big Sis share a laugh while Dad tries on baby's new panda bear hat (can you see the little ears?).

We all had great fun and I even had fun cleaning up. After the tables and chairs were all stacked in the garage I got to chase Big Sis around the empty living room and tie her pigtails together and find her ticklish spots. I think Big Sis is gonna love having a little brother. I hope I get a chance to babysit!

If you want to see a few more pictures, or you want to download the full size files, you can find them here: http://www.lunar.net/~sara/pictures/kaye-baby-shower-7-27-2008/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people probably think it's strange for a bride to wear a color other than white, too. Actually, most people think that's strange. Thanks for sharing and posting your pics. It's the waiting game now. . .