Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A New Home

Departing from politics for a bit....

We're all moved into our new house.


Sorry, it was pretty cloudy when I took that picture so it looks a wee bit ominous. I promise, the house is not quite so imposing. It's warm and welcoming and bright and I like it very much. I especially like it now that I've gotten most of our stuff out of boxes...

Most. Not all.


Too many books. Not enough shelves. I need to fix that. Also on the list of things to fix:
  • My office has no doors (once a dining room, then a den, now my office).
  • Our dishwasher, garage door openers, and window shades are all so old I think Cleopatra may have been the original owner.
  • Our cooktop is electric (EWWW! the horror!!).
  • The bathrooms are painted in flat white (flat paint in a bathroom = dirty walls).
We still own the old house and until that's sold, we don't have the extra cash to do too much on our to do list. We've had a fair number of showings and we're reasonably optimistic that it will sell, perhaps early next year, sooner if we're lucky.

In the mean time, winter has arrived.


The first snow of the year is clinging to the grass in our back yard. With a heavy heart I declare the end of my 2008 road biking season. I'm going to get my mountain bike tuned up and see if I can't find warm enough clothes to spend some time exploring the many dirt roads near my house this winter. I'm also planning to spend lots of time at the gym. I want to start the 2009 road biking season strong!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

The house looks lovely. I love all the outdoor space.