Monday, May 19, 2008

hello world!

Ok ok ok! I'm blogging. There's the bandwagon, and here's me hopping on.... late, as usual!

So what the heck should I talk about? Most of my blogging friends blog about cooking or about their kids. I'm currently kid free and I'm not all that creative in the kitchen. Most of the blogs I read regularly are about writing science fiction and fantasy. I don't write sff, I read it.

I have no singular great obsession to blog. I have lots of little ones: reading sff, bicycling, knitting, food & weight loss, and my household which currently consists of a husband and a kitty. I don't have any special inspiration at the moment so, quick survey time:

What am I reading? Frostbite by Richelle Mead. Richelle is a friend of mine so I'm a little biased. I read her stuff more because it's her than because I'm into the genre. She writes paranormal romance and YA. Frostbite is the second in her Vampire Academy YA series. Truth is, Richelle is super talented and, despite the fact that paranormal romance isn't really my thing, I love her books. Her style reminds me a bit of Janet Evanovich (another author I go outside of my preferred genre for) -- fast read, highly entertaining, hard to put down, and especially well suited for reading at the gym.

How's the biking going? no riding today. It's sunny, but it's 57°F and windy and I'm feeling wussy (also, I think I'm getting a cold - bleh). I'll hit the elliptical at the gym instead. Also, on the biking front, I'm riding the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure on June 8 -- sponsor me, pretty please!

What am I knitting? I'm working on a top down cardigan. I'm about a third of the way through and it's going surprisingly quickly. pictures later :)

Am I gettin' skinny? The scale is not my friend today.

How are Buster and Alex? Buster, my husband (who's name is not Buster), bought a boat for fishing season and spent the weekend picking up his trailer and assembling his new boat. Now he can add boat trips to his fly fishing guide service.

Alex, the much loved and very aged kitty, got a bath the other day. He's much less stinky and he seems happier for it.

Blog entries are much more exciting with photos so here's a really bad phone-camera-photo of my dearest boys:

3 comments:

Ruhmann said...

Why "Buster"? Why not something more creative like... hmm... Peepee McSwivelpants?

Mary said...

OH I like Peepee McSwivelpants too! (Except then I'd never be able to look him the eye.) I really like the new blog. I'm adding it to my google reader so I won't miss any postings!

Sara said...

oh dear! he'd just love Peepee McSwivelpants but that's a bugger to type!