Thursday, May 22, 2008

A message from the Big Red Dog

Hello, my name is Ginger. Sara tells me that my Momma and Poppa are her Momma and Poppa, too. I don't know if I believe her. I am a happy dog. I love my Poppa and my Momma very much especially when I can hop up in the lazyboy and sit on Poppa's lap. I don't sit on Momma's lap. I'm too big. I might squish her. I am a Michigan fan just like my Momma and Poppa. Go Blue! See:

Every once in a while my Momma and Poppa take me to a puppy spa. They tell me that I need to get a haircut for summer and the puppy spa will make me pretty. They took me there on Tuesday:

I don't feel pretty. In fact, I feel silly. And cold. Please, Poppa, please free me from these awful red bows. For goodness sake, Poppa, these bows are buckeye colored!! And this silly yellow bandanna has to go. If I must wear bandanna, may I please have the maize and blue one? Maybe Sara will knit a scarf for me. I know summer officially starts this weekend, but we live in Michigan! It's still cold here and I'm naked! *pout*

Oh Look! Cat Treats! Yum! Gotta go!

6 comments:

Ruhmann said...

Summer does not start this weekend. Summer officially starts June 21st, which is three days before the 29th anniversary of the greatest event in human history.

Mary said...

Oh your poor hillariously bare dog! That's just animal cruelty!

Anonymous said...

Mary, that's not a poor, hilariously bare dog; that's an incredibly adorable, well-behaved, cat food thieving puppy dog!

Sara said...

ruhmann, I don't know what you could possibly be talking about. Wikipedia reports that absolutely nothing of any importance whatsoever happened the day you were born.

Also, she's just a dog. You can't expect her to know the difference between Memorial Day and Summer Solstice.

Anonymous said...

Sara, I laughed 'till I cried. By the way, Brian, the anniversary of the greatest event in human history was today -- if your poppa and I hadn't married 37 years ago, you and your wonderfully talented sister wouldn't exist!!

MaggieK said...

Surely there is an anti-animal cruelty group that would like to hear about this. She does not look like she likes the bows, and she's adorable enough all on her own. Poor pooch!