Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More Socks!

Another pair of socks complete. I knitted these both at the same time on two circular needles. It was a bit of a challenge to begin with and I was very glad that I'd done a pair one at a time first. I pretty much got the hang of it after a couple dozen rows. It's just a matter of figuring out how to find your place if you get confused and keeping your two feeds of yarn from twisting up too much. Also, you gotta remember to drop the yarn when you move to the other sock. D'oh!

They're so bright and cheerful! I had to try them on even though they're not for me. I made these for marvelous Mary over at Shazam in the Kitchen. If you haven't checked out her yummy food blog yet, you really should. She makes the most amazing cupcakes and lots of other good stuff, too.

I wonder if she wants the leftover yarn back. Since these are shorty socks, I might have just enough left to make a second pair.

I need to block them, then pack them up and send them to her. I hope she has as much fun wearing them as I had making them.

I just cast on a new project. Wait until you see it. Oh my! I may have bit of more than I can chew this time. It's lace... eep!
...

In other news, I'm one week into the More Thrust, Less Drag project. I'm down 4.6 lbs. Ok, that's cheating a little since I changed scales and I changed the time of day of my weigh in. Nonetheless, there's some progress there.
...

And one more thing, as it is now the wee hours of the 24th of June. Twenty-nine years ago today I ceased being an only child. Happy Birthday, little brother!! In case I haven't said so recently, you rock.

1 comment:

Mary said...

The socks are so cute! You can keep the yarn and knit yourself a pair.
Congratulations on the weight loss!