Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Play Ball!


Last night was softball night. I keep score because, when they do ask me to play, I'm most definitely the worst player on the team. They're really a good team. And, frankly, I stink. When I was little I played t-ball. The coach (my dad) would send me out to play right field and I'd wander out there and have a seat. Sometimes I'd pick flowers. If a ball came my way, I'd duck. I haven't really improved much since then. But I have learned most of the rules and I understand a fair amount of strategy now. So I keep score and Buster plays shortstop.

Buster also hits Bombs.

"That Ball is... Waaay Back!!"


Often Mr and Mrs B come play on our team. That's Mrs B up to bat and Mr B on first. They don't play every week because it's a bit of a drive for them. Buster and Mr B have been buddies since they were both knee high to a grasshopper. Buster has a lot of really amazing friends and these two are top of the pack. I really enjoy spending time with Mr and Mrs B and with their two bright and energetic boys.

Seven there is one of our pitchers. She and her husband have been playing softball with Buster for many years. Her husband is the team manager. They're super nice folks and they often join us for dinner after the games. Would you believe Seven's a grandmother?

This is Seven's grandson. He's three years old. I think he's a switch hitter. We're gonna be adding him to the roster any day now.

Softball night is always loads of fun. We won both games of our double header and we had a huge crowd for dinner at Knights. Next week we once again face the only team that's managed to beat us this season. We like a good challenge!

No comments: