Sunday, June 22, 2008

OH Boy, Oh Boy! I got a New Toy!

The mail lady brought my new toy yesterday.

Oh! My! Gaud! It is sooo coo-ul!!!

The pictures are very crisp and pretty. It makes all sorts of fancy high tech beepy noises. The battery lasts forever. And I no longer have to wait for Mr Sunshine to take nice photos -- low light is no problem for this little puppy. I might not ever need the flash! It is not, however, perfect. It cannot read my mind so I'm going to have to learn how to tell it where I would like it to focus.

I wanted a picture of the bar with some out of focus stuff in front. Instead I got a very nice photo of Buster's soda. No problem. You actually can set the focal length on this one manually, I just need to figure that feature out, along with the zillion other fancy features. Also, 13.6 mega pixels is some serious overkill. Buster says they should stop it with the mega pixel wars and concentrate on the what-cha-call-it (the bit that converts the image to a file -- I can't remember the acronym). I think he's right. And finally, the gosh derned thing doesn't come with a memory stick. There's about 15MB of internal memory, but that doesn't go very far, even when you tell it to take the smallest possible photos. I'm going to need a memory stick right away!

Anyhow, not long after the camera arrived yesterday, Buster and I decided that we better finish off the garden. So I put the camera down and planted some potatoes.

We now have 4 varieties of potatoes planted in 3 nice neat rows. We've got Charlottes (the row on the left), Yukon Golds (front half of the middle row), Huckleberries (back half of the middle row and a couple more in the very back of the right row), and Purple Majesties (most of the right row). Except for the Golds we haven't grown any of these before. I wish we had more room!

After we finished with the garden, Buster went fishing and I spent the afternoon running errands. Then we went out to dinner with the wacky Korean (he's a good friend and also my boss). I took my new toy to dinner with us.

We went to the Blue Nile for Ethiopian food. It was very tasty, as usual, but not so good for my diet. You use yummy flat bread to scoop up the various lentils, veggies, and meats from a shared platter with endless refills. It's all fairly healthy stuff, but portion control is near impossible.

I don't feel too bad about it, though. I got up this morning and went for a 33 mile bike ride, burning nearly 2,000 calories. I think that probably took care of last night's overindulgence!

After my bike ride I got back to playing with my new toy. I present to you Alexander Snuggles, the wise and aged pussy cat, resting on his heated bed after enjoying a fine lunch of tuna and shrimp in sauce. (no, he's not spoiled rotten. can you smell the sarcasm in that one?)


Alex wasn't really diggin' the photo shoot today. Oh well. Maybe next time.

No comments: